Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun with Vizslas

August 7, 2011. Today we went with our friend Sarah to a Vizsla Fun Field day and picnic. I wanted to introduce Daisy to birds since we haven’t really had an opportunity to train yet. She hadn’t been on birds since she was 3 months old. To say she was interested was an understatement. The trainer put the bird out to see how she would react. Daisy went after the bird right away. When the bird flew away, Daisy took off after it. She chased it across the field, dove under a truck and eventually caught it. She did come back to me when I called her and after some praise for the good job she did, I was able to get the bird from her. I think we have a hunting future with her.


It took a very short while but things clicked quickly for Rayne and she was interested in the birds as well. Hopefully we can have some training sessions together with Daisy and Rayne.

Sawyer also got a chance to work with the birds. He’s more experienced and has several titles so we’re working on the next level which would be Senior Hunter. He needs to hold point and not chase the birds so that’s on our training agenda this fall.

Overall it was a fun day and I’m glad the Vizsla club allowed the grey dogs to crash their party.

Since this was on outdoor blog entry, I thought this would be a good place to post a few of the butterfly pictures I took. The flowers I planted on our front lawn attract birds and butterflies so when I was coming home one day I quickly grabbed my camera to get a few shots.


The flower garden is doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment