Thursday, December 15, 2011

Road Trip!

December 13 - 14, 2011.  We packed up the kids, well two of them, and headed to Orlando for the Eukanuba Invitational.  My mother was kind enough to come up from her home in Florida to watch the two oldest girls so we didn't have to travel with 4 dogs.  Sawyer, Daisy, Scott and I hit the road on Tuesday night after work.  I took the first shift and actually stayed awake all the way to our first stop in Virginia.  We'd rest here for the night and continue onto Orlando the next day. 

Scott drove the second leg and insisted we stop at "South of the Border".  What a hokey tourist trap!  And last I checked, South of the Border meant Mexico.  But this was a stop Scott remembered making as a child so we took a quick detour and lunch break. 

You can't miss this place from I-95.

If you don't see that sign then you can look for the water tower with the giant sombrero.

They have fabulous attactions like the Reptile Lagoon.  Unfortunately we didn't have time to visit there...darn.

They have a wonderful gift shop.  Who doesn't need a giant mug for margaritas?  Wish I had one.

Good thing the bear wasn't for sale.

We didn't eat here, perhaps on the way home....don't get excited Scott, I'm not planning to stop here again. 

1 comment: