Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nationals - Day 5, Maturity

May 20, 2010.  Today was Sawyer's Maturity, Brooke's 2nd attempt at Novice Obedience and Sawyer's move up to Rally Advanced.

Unfortunately we had a conflict and missed Brooke's turn at obedience so didn't even get a chance to try today.  I was very disappointed.  We'll take the lessons we learned from Rose and hopefully apply them to another show soon.

Luckily there was a break in between the Futurity and Maturity so Sawyer and I were able to run down to the Rally ring and compete in Rally Advanced.  He earned a 96, losing 2 points for ticking the jump.  I found out later that we were 1st place in the class!  Nice Rally Advance debut for Sawyer and to place first at a National Specialty was wonderful!

Unfortunately we didn't do as well in the conformation ring.  I think Sawyer looked great and couldn't have asked for more from him. 

In line for our first review.

Waiting for the judge's exam.

Up and Back.

Free stack...Sawyer nailed it!

Going around the ring with the signature tounge out...he inherited this from Dude.

I still think he's a cutie and just love this dog.  He does it all and I'm happy that we added a few more titles to his name his weekend.  I know there are many more in his future.
CH Ashbrooke Quantrels Tom Sawyer Islnd, JH, NSD, RN, RLP, RL1, CD-H, CGC
(breeder owner handled)


And to top off our evening we won the dog coat in the raffle!  I've been looking for a coat for Sawyer and this is perfect for him. 

One more day and then we'll be on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment