Thursday, September 29, 2011

2011 Wine Country - Day 1

September 29, 2011. Day 1 of the Wine Country show circuit. Weims weren’t on until the afternoon so I went up early to watch Pat & Kevin and their Tibbies. It was a drizzly morning so I dressed appropriately in jeans, raincoat, boots and a baseball cap. I didn’t bring the camera up to the ring because of the rain. I didn’t realize we’d be sitting under the tent watching so I could have taken some pictures. Halle placed in her BBE class with Kevin and then I took over and took John Henry in for BOB. I guess my dress was OK considering the weather but I felt funny, I did remove the hat. We didn’t get a placement but Pat’s bitch Djbel went Best of Breed and then went on to win the Non Sporting Group!


Weims were on in the afternoon and this would be Wyatt’s showing debut. I worked with him the few days we had before the shows. Wyatt didn’t have any training prior to this so he will need some time to get used to showing, stacking, being on a lead, and gaiting. Considering the short time we had I think he did a good job. He’s having fun and that’s most important. He got a bit excited when we moved so it was mostly a gallop instead of a nice gait. But there were a few moments of brilliance in there. I think slow and steady is going to work better for him.

I think he’ll do great once we can get some weight on him and get him some more ring experience.


Sawyer went Best of Opposite Sex




Pat must have had the camera since there’s a lot of Sawyer head shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment