Monday, July 5, 2010

Rally / Obedience Trials at St. Hubert's

July 3 & 5, 2010.  This weekend the St. Hubert's Dog Sports Club hosted two events. 

Saturday was the APDT Rally trial.  It was a great turnout and I was on my feet all day helping out and managing the refreshments with my hospitality partner, Pat.  Brooke was entered for the first time in Veterans and took first place with a 209  (210 is a perfect score).  Getting the picture with Brooke is always a struggle at the end of a long day.  Plus I spend so much time getting her to look at me that she never wants to look out at the camera.  I guess that's a good thing.  Here we are with judge, Linda Sperco.

We weren’t able to enter Sawyer in 2A since we already have two qualifying legs under Linda so he was in 1B and earned his 7th Q towards his Level 1 championship with a 206. Not bad for a dog that’s been sleep walking all week in classes due to hormone overload at home.

I was exhausted by the time I got home and was trying to relax in the yard.  It was way too hot to sit on the deck in the sun so I tried to sit out in the yard in the shade.  Everyone else thought that was a good idea as well.  Nothing says cool like 4 dogs panting on you. :( 
From left to right: Sawyer, Sharon, Brooke & Tiki.

Tiki wanted to get up on the chair as well....

and then sat on me...guess I'm comfortable.

Sunday was the CDSP Obedience trials.  St. Hubert's hosted two trials today.  While we didn’t qualify in Open, Brooke had 2 very nice runs with the exception of not returning over the high jump with her dumbbell…twice. We did much better in Novice C. Brooke earned her 2nd and 3rd qualifying legs towards her Novice Championship with 3rd place finishes and High Scoring Veteran in the morning trial. Here we are with judge, Natalene Lamming.

Sawyer was in a run-off for his first qualifying leg towards his Novice Championship and took 1st place and our very first High in Trial (HIT)!! 

That was enough for Sawyer…in the afternoon trial he strolled to the bar jump on the recall, peered over the bar, and then went around the jump to complete the recall. Oh well, guess one run, a run-off and the excitement of HIT was enough for him for one day.  Wish I had that run on video though, it was very funny from my vantage point.

All in all it was a very successful weekend and we came home with lots of pretty ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment