Thursday, October 7, 2010

Morris & Essex show

October 7, 2010.  Today was the Morris and Essex Kennel Club show.  This event only happens every 5 years and this was my first time attending.  It's quite a production with exhibitors and attendees dressing up in their finest, include hats. 

Ruby came to stay with us last night and this was her debut.  We didn't do anything in the puppy sweepstakes but she took 3rd in her bred-by-exhibitor class.  We'll need to work on stacking but we'll get there.

It was the Nutmeg Weimaraner Club specialty and the trophy table looked great.  None for us today, maybe next time.

As I mentioned, it's a fancy affair with hats.  Here are some of my friends sporting their finest headwear.
Bobbie, Jerry, Stacey, and Deb.

I finally ran into Pat and made her pose for a picture with her lovely hat.

Even the dogs wear hats!

Sarah looked terrific in her pink outfit, right down to the boots.

So in the spirit of the day I asked Pat to loan me her hat for a photo opportunity.

Well done Morris & Essex Kennel Club.  See you in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment