Saturday, October 20, 2012

Brooke Finally Did It!

October 14, 2012.  For those of you who may not know, we began our quest for Brooke's CDSP Open title a long time ago.  She got her first leg in March of 2010 (yes 2-1/2 years ago!).  After many NQs (I have it documented but don't even want to count) I decided to give it a break.  I had checked with the organization and they confirmed that qualifying legs do not expire :)  I knew she could do all the exercises because besides the one exercise she would NQ on (and it was never the same), her scores were pretty decent.  I wasn't quite ready to give up on her but she wasn't getting any younger.  

I contemplated and waited until the very last minute to enter the Versatile K9 Sports Club trial this past weekend.  It's seems a break with a little refresher training was exactly what she needed.  She qualified in the first trial under judge Linda Sperco with a 185.5 and took 3rd place.  I wasn't ready to get my hopes up for a title yet as we still needed one more leg and it could take another two years.  But she did it again in the second trial under judge Diane Cordero, this time with a 192 and 1st place!!


So finally at 10-1/2 years old Brooke is CH ARCHX Quantrels Ramblin' Brooke, RAE, CD, RL2X, RLV, CGC, CDX-C!!!  And yes, she did get steak for dinner that night ;)
 
I'm so glad we have the CDSP venue that allows exercise modification so our senior friends can still participate at lower jump heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment